Social Networking has become major talking point now a days. We come across with different types of social media sites for the last couple of years. Social Media sites like MySpace and Facebook already made a huge impact as part of collaboration Software. So, we are always confused how can we advertise and market properly in such ad-adverse environments? I would like to share my thoughts about the different ways user can put their ad on social media sites.
- Know the audience of the site from different perspective like demographics, technographics, geography, usage habits…whatever kind of information you get.
- Outsourced Outreach/Relationship Management - Many PR Firms, Social Firms, Media Firms, as well as specialty shops like NMS and Marketing Works, offer “social voice” solutions.
- There has to be contextual relevance of your ad so that it appeals to the prospective viewers.
- If other opportunities are available, please, try to avoid ad such as banners, buttons, text links. Many social media sites use logos, apparel, accessories, skins, etc. within virtual worlds
- Monitor, track, analyze and optimize more than clicks and click throughs. What other data can you access? You may be able to see different downloads, conversations.
- By knowing who is using which social media site, advertisers can promote their products to their targeted audience on the appropriate social site. Facebook users represent an older, more mature crowd than MySpace users, so advertisements about refinancing a home mortgage might not be the most appropriate content on MySpace.
- An online marketer can build a profile, continuously grow a network and strategically contact said network with updates about the company and products themselves.
- AD can also be placed as in-banner video advertisements, using pre-roll ads on user-generated video content, or allowing advertisers to sponsor entire shows or channels.