DTM Data Generator is a very useful tool to generate data for database testing process like performance testing, QA testing, loading tests etc. The DBA, now a days, spends lot of hours to create test data before using it for database testing. This tool automatically creates test data, database tables and sets of INSERT/UPDATE statements. The demo version is free and enterprise edition cost US $149.
The key features of the Data Generator are:
- Eleven ways to fill in the fields by random data generation methods.
- The product resolves master-detail relationships automatically.
- Values Library makes your test data more meaningful.
- The generator creates test tables, views and procedures as well as database rows.
- Append, Replace, Update data generation modes.
- High performance: generator inserts about 8550 test data rows per second (for 5,000,000 records project, SQL Server 2000, Pentium 1700MHz).
- Database independent. You can populate Microsoft SQL Server database as well as Oracle or PostgreSQL database. DTM Data Generator supports all common database interfaces: ODBC, OLE DB or OCI (Oracle Call Interface).
- The tool supports all modern Windows versions: 9x/ME, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista.
- The data generator sdk adds data generation features to custom scripts, applications or web solutions.
- The rule wizard helps you generate data very quickly.
Source: sqledit.comFiled under Database, Quality & Testing | Tags: Database Table, Database Test, OCI, ODBC, OLE, PostGRES, QA, SQL Server, windows | 2 Comments