The core idea of developing a good website is that the article of the site has to be interesting and easy to understand. You have to draw the attention of the viewers to the website and lead them further deep down the site without making any confusion. This article emphasizes on some nice tips about how to make good and user friendly web site.
- Clear Purpose: You have to set a clear goal of the web site. Ask yourself the question like what the site is going to achieve. Is it a company website? Will it be selling products or services? The goal of the website should be give clear information to the target audience.
- Type of Audience: When you build a web site you have to guess what type of audience may visit your website. Whether they are looking for information for your product or services or they will be looking only your company information as a reference.
- Core Website Technology: LAMP is a widely used technology because of Web 2.0 popularity. You have to figure out what kind of CMS you require? Zoomla, Drupal or Modx. Do you need sophisticated technology like .NET or Java. Do you prefer database like postgres or mySql? Whether you need Client side or Server side script?
- Try to avoid flash or animated object : Flashing objects and scrolling images distract your visitor from the actual content of the subject. If your site is more suitable with animation or some other multi-media, give your viewer to select the option. Don’t force them anything.
- Good domain name: Selecting a good domain name is an important part of developing good web site. Good domain name is a brand. Usually, it is by the name of your company. Once you select a domain name, it is good idea that someone having knowledge of your company business should look at it.
- Resources: You need to set up separate section to look into maintaining and implementing updates on the website. It is good to take a decision early.
- Marketing Website: Creating a website is not good enough. You have to market your website to get the attention of viewers. You can adopt both on line and off line marketing to promote your website.
- Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to the web site from search engine results. SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. You can optimize your website by editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to search engine indexing.
- Include a sitemap: Sitemap makes it easier for search engines to follow all of your site’s links to make sure that all of the inner pages are crawled by search engine. Additionally, it puts all of your web pages in logical categories and increases the visibility of your web site.
- Include a Privacy and About link: The “about” link gives viewer the idea who you are and what you are about. That makes them feel good to do further business.
Additionally, viewers will know that you have a Privacy guideline. That is a feel good factor for the audience that their information will not be disclosed or sold outside.