Oracle released Oracle(VM) Templates in order to make the rapid deployment of Enterprise Software.
“Customers are experiencing increased challenges as the volume of information in their data center continues to grow rapidly, leading to added hardware and energy costs and a depletion of server resources,” said Wim Coekaerts, vice president Linux Engineering, Oracle. “The combination of Oracle VM Templates and Oracle VM offers customers the full benefits of server virtualization including optimized resource utilization, energy, power and space savings, in addition to faster, easier and more cost-effective software deployment — leading to further lowering the cost of data center operations and contributing to green IT.”
The software has following features:
- Oracle Template uses server virtualization technology for server consolidation and cut the cost of the user in terms of cost, energy and space.
- Provides pre-installed and pre-configured images of enterprise software to save time of the users.
- The set of VM templates supports Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Oracle Siebel CRM 8 and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Oracle VM Template is the addition of Oracle VM, the virtualization software. Oracle VM provides low cost server virtualization for Oracle and non oracle product
- It takes away the hassles of installing and configuring new software from the customer. Simply, put the Template to the server where the VM resides and you are ready to go.
- Orcale VM in combination with Oracle(VM) template provides integrated open source environment for Linux.
Source: PRNewswireFiled under Enterprise Software | Tags: Enterprise Manager, Green IT, Linux, Open Source, Oracle VM, Oracle VM Template, Server, Server Virtualization, Siebel | Comment Below