There are many tools available in the market for Web Development. These tools can greatly increase development speed, reduce debugging and testing time, and improve quality of the output. Some of them are described below:
- CSS Grid Builder: The CSS Grid Builder, developed by Yahoo is a simple web-based interface for quickly creating any number of layouts that rely solely on YUI’s CSS files. This gives you the advantage of easily and visually laying out designs without using tables, and they will work the same way in every popular browser.
- Blueprint: A CSS Framework: Blueprint is a CSS framework, which aims to cut down on your CSS development time. It gives you a solid CSS foundation to build your project on top of, with an easy-to-use grid, sensible typography, and even a stylesheet for printing. Please, See a sample website built with BP.
- logicss: CSS Framework: The Logic CSS framework is a collection of CSS files and PHP utilities to cut development times for web-standards compliant xHTML layouts.
- Clean AJAX : Clean is an open source engine for AJAX, that provides a high level interface to work with the AJAX technology. It can be plugged in any page or DHTML framework because it was designed in conformation with the separation of concerns principle, keeping focus on AJAX issues. Clean will help you to adopt AJAX saving your time and your code, reducing your learning curve and the code re engineering.
- Pingdom Tools: This is a web based free set of utilities for webmasters to complement our up time monitoring service. First out is the Full Page Test, which tests the load time of a web page including all its objects (images, scripts, CSS files, etc).
- Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar : It allows validating of CSS and HTML, previewing page layout at various resolutions, and also offers a ruler (measuring in pixels) to aid in positioning the elements. It allows viewing the source of the entire page, color coded for ease of navigation, or selected elements of it, as well as view the DOM source and the CSS selectors that were applied to the element.
- Yahoo! Design Pattern Library : The pattern libraries form a solution language that can enhance our ability to communicate design ideas. They provide us a context in which to discuss a number of associated issues: the thinking behind a solution; issues around accessibility, and de-gradeablity; other related patterns; examples of usage; and code samples etc..