SUN Microsystem Announced New Data Protection and Security Service, Data Erasure to Implement Corporate Data Erasure Policy
SUN Microsystem unveiled new Data protection service, Erasure that enhances data security measures with on-site, software enabled data. Erasure complies with up to 14 international standards and provides an audit-ready report for proof of compliance. The new service provides global solution for eradicating non-critical data from customers’ hard disks. It also complies with security policies by standardizing on the stringent DOD 5220-22M policy for data erasure.
Sun’s Data Protection Services, Data Erasure helps customers demonstrate point to point control over their equipment by performing erasures on-site at a customer location. On-site erasure adds more control to a customer’s security policy and working with Sun’s global support organization helps them standardize compliant erasure procedures at all their locations worldwide.
The main benefits for using this service are:
- Helps enable more secure technology migrations and upgrades
- Simplifies the process by providing a single point of contact for all erasure needs
- Demonstrates compliance to security protocol and regulatory requirements
- Takes care of risk of data exposure with lost or compromised equipment
- Provides an audit ready report for proof of compliance which is available in multiple languages.
- When older equipment gets replaced or repaired, perform decommission by erasing data first.
- Routine deletion of non-critical data helps keep you compliant with regulations and limits your security exposure.