As the economy goes down, it’s harder to find job opportunities in both technical and traditional lines of work. Yes, finding a job requires patience and endurance. At the same time, you have to be a little smart to find the niche of recession proof job market. After interacting with HRD professional in different industries, I feel that you should focus on job market that is stable and experiences future growth. I would like to share my thoughts with you.
Top recession proof jobs from my standpoint are:
- Network System and Data Communication Specialist: Many technology jobs can be performed by outsourcing. But, the company must deal with the above problem onsite.
- Registered Nurse: Nursing job is recession proof. People continue to get sick and they need medical attention.
- Pubic Relation Officer: Although, marketing and advertisement jobs declined during recession, many companies rely on PRO to promote their products.
- Teacher: Teaching, school administration and other support services are on demand all the time.
- Environmental Technician: In USA, President Obama has promised 5 million green jobs in the next 10 years. Due to growing consciousness about environment among different countries, this job is going to be on rise.
- Pharmacist: People get sick off and on and they need medicine to diagnose the problem. So, they have to go to medicine shop.
Also, as an individual you have to concentrate on the following tips to find a lucrative job.
- Resume Writing: Writing a generic resume in this job scenario is not going to help. You have to make your resume very attractive to the employer in the competitive job market. If you look for a recession-proof job, consider renewing your resume now. Take a copy of your most recent and revised resume.
- Network: You have to build your network to find a good job in this tough situation. It is not only good enough to respond the newspaper jobs.
- More Skills: It is nice to have more education and skills to expand your job search.
- Focus Achievement: It is not always a good idea to give detailed description of your job. You have to emphasize your achievements so that it can give the prospective employer a good idea of what it can do.
- Know Yourself: This is very important to know your strengths and weaknesses. Please, play up your strengths and look to improve your weaknesses.