Microsoft released the new Beta version of their free security antivirus which is available in a few countries for download including USA and China. The final product will be available before the end of 2009. Microsoft has promised to release a lightweight security tool that will take care of Viruses, spyware, rootkits and Trojans without compromising the speed of your system.You can download the software as follows:
32-bit (x86) Windows Vista and Windows 7: mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-vista.exe
64-bit (x64) Windows Vista and Windows 7: mssefullinstall-amd64fre-en-us-vista.exe
Windows XP: mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe
The essential features of the software are:
- This is free and easy to use.
- Make full and custom scan and remove the virus
- Protects from malware, spyware in real time
- Creates easy restore point automatically
- Exclude any drive from scanning
- Microsoft Security Essentials is able to validate suspicious files against newly identified malware in near-real time by querying the Dynamic Signature Service.
- Scans and updates are scheduled to run when the PC is idle and use a low-priority thread.
This is a good move by Microsoft because there are a large number of people out there who do not have a secure system. With most newly sold PCs coming with some form of trial version of a security suite, many people leave their systems vulnerable as soon as this period is up.Filed under Enterprise Software, Security | Tags: Anti-virus, Dynamic signature, Malware, Rootkit, Spyware, Trojan, Virus | Comment Below